- 4 cups frozen edamame pods
- 1/4 cup wasabi peas
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon flaked sea salt
1. In a pot of boiling water, add frozen edamame and cook for 2 minutes, until the pods are tender.
2. Remove from heat and strain in colander.
3. In blender, grind wasabi peas into a coarse powder.
4. In a bowl, add edamame, wasabi pea powder (reserve a little for garnish), sesame seeds (reserve a little for garnish), sesame oil and sea salt, and mix well.
5. Garnish with reserved wasabi pea powder and sesame seeds. Serve hot or cold. Be sure to have an empty bowl or plate handy for the discarded pods.
Psst… For more delicious plant-powered recipes, pick up a copy of Crazy Sexy Kitchen today!
Photo Credit: Andrew Scrivani