- 2 medium-sized eggplant
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 4 tablespoons for roasting
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 2 Lemons
1. Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise. Drizzle flesh sides with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place flesh side down (skin side up) on a sheet pan and roast at 400°F for 30-40 minutes or until completely cooked through and tender. Let cool
2. Scoop out the eggplant into a bowl leaving the skins behind. Hand whip with a whisk until the eggplant has a smooth consistency.
3. Add the tahini, minced garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Whip to incorporate.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.