- 2 large apples, cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons nut butter or seed butter
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (preferably raw because they’re lighter in color)
- 4 strawberries, sliced lengthwise
- 8 green grapes, sliced into coins
- 16 vegan dark chocolate chips
1. Slice out center of apple quarters with a small paring knife.
2. With a cloth or paper towel, dry the insides of the monster mouths and grape slices so that the nut or seed butter will stick.
3. Spread nut or seed butter in the mouths of the monsters. With the sharp end of 5-6 sunflower seeds per mouth, carefully stick the seeds into the top of the mouth for teeth.
4. Place a slice of strawberry on the bottom ‘lip’ for the tongue.
5. Dab a tiny amount of nut or seed butter onto the grape slices. Then insert the pointy end of the chocolate chips into the grape slices to secure them. With another small dollop of nut or seed butter, secure the grape chocolate chip eyes to the monsters. Monsters can have 1, 2, or 3 eyes.
6. Store in the fridge for up to 24 hours.