- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water (plus more for thinning)
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces romaine (2 hearts), chopped
- Handful of baby arugula
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 avocado diced
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
1. Stir together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or a coffee mug. Use a fork to blend smooth. Add additional tablespoons of water to thin, as needed. Taste for salt and seasoning. It should be slightly salty because the saltiness will subside when you dress the salad.
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss the greens with the dressing. Add the avocado and chickpeas. Serve with fresh black pepper sprinkled on top.