- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 3 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups great northern beans, cooked
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded & finely chopped (to taste)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 – 1 avocado (per person, or topping)
- Corn chips (for dipping)
1. In a large pot, heat oil, onion, garlic, and spices and cook until onions are semi-translucent.
2. Add water, vegetable bouillon, tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro and salt.
3. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
4. When you are ready to devour, cut up avocado for topping. Enjoy!