- 24 small fresh organic white button mushrooms
- 8 large fresh organic garlic cloves, fine chopped
- 4 tablespoons raw organic coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup whole raw organic cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- 24 medium organic basil leaves (long enough to go half way around the mushrooms girth)
- round wooden toothpicks
1. With a melon baller, gently scoop out the stem and only enough of the inside of mushroom to make a “bowl”.
2. In a small mixing bowl, mix your chopped garlic, coconut aminos and vinegar well. Dip your mushrooms in this mixture to coat all sides including the inside, and set on a plate “bowl” side up. Distribute any remaining garlic and juice evenly amongst the mushrooms inside their “bowls”.
3. In your food processor, fine chop your cashews to a paste and water until smooth. Fill the mushrooms level with the paste.
4. Place the mushrooms in your dehydrator on the slotted racks and be sure to allow plenty of airflow. Dehydrate for 1 1/2 hours. Slice each basil leaf lengthwise, and wrap with each half of the mushroom with a half basil leaf (ruffle side up) around girth of the mushroom. Wrap other side with second half of the leaf and secure with a tooth pick as shown in the picture.
5. Serve immediately and ENJOY!