The Secret to Hitting Your Health Goals (Free Downloadable Wellness Tracker!)
I hope you’ve been tuning into my weekly Wellness Wednesday broadcasts on Instagram and Facebook. If you haven’t yet, I’d love for you to join me and our amazing community! Each week we explore fun, simple ways to take care of your glorious self. And today I’m sharing one of the tools we’ve been talking about for a while now, my personal Wellness Tracker.
And because so many of you have been curious about the tracker, we made a free downloadable version just for you!
Get instant access to your free Wellness Tracker below!
This resource was originally created as a way for my husband, Brian, and I to step up our self-care. Though we’re good about following our wellness pillars (being mindful about what we’re eating, drinking, thinking, and how we’re resting and renewing), it’s hard to really know unless you track your actions.
Actions, of course, lead to results.
And the time we most want results is when we’re in pain. A few months ago, Brian was diagnosed with chronic tinnitus. (Side note: We’ll be doing a Wellness Wednesday broadcast on this in the coming weeks. I had no idea what tinnitus really was or that so many people deal with it, and we’ve gathered some excellent resources that I want to share. Sign up for Wellness Wednesday notifications here if you want to join that convo!) As with any life-altering situation, healthy lifestyle practices are a big factor in helping to alleviate or reverse symptoms. So everything in this tracker is what we personally monitor in order to stay on track, feel our very best and meet our wellness goals. It’s been a true game changer.
6 Wellness Categories to Help You Hit Your Health Goals
While there are many things to pay attention to, the categories in our tracker are what most often affect our sleep, stress, immunity, mental clarity and overall vitality. So whether you’re dealing with a health challenge or you just want to be at the top of your game, research shows that tracking your habits is the best way to stay motivated, create momentum and set yourself up for success. That’s why this tracker is for you!
Here’s what you’ll track:
- Sleep: I probably don’t have to tell you that consistent, restful sleep is critical to your well-being. Yet this is something that so many of us end up neglecting, especially when we’re stressed or busy. Keeping track of the number of hours you get each night and how that adds up (or doesn’t!) over the course of a week can be a real eye opener.
- Exercise: And the opposite of snoozin’ is… movin’! Stretching your legs, getting your heart pumping and the sweat dripping is an important part of your wellness routine. But don’t worry if you’re not a fan of the gym—find something you truly enjoy and actually want to do a few times a week. Aim to exercise four to five times a week for 30-45 min per session.
- Mindful breaks: Our brains need breaks, too! Pausing to reconnect with yourself is incredibly powerful. Take just three mindful breaks (about 5 min each) a day and you’ll see how much more centered and grounded you start to feel. Pro tip: Step outside and take a big ol’ breath of fresh air!
- Water: Hydration, hydration, hydration! Flooding your cells with H2O is one of the simplest ways to feel your best. I know this is something many of us forget during the course of a busy day, which is why it’s so important to keep track. You’ll find an easy formula in the Wellness Tracker to help you determine how much water you should drink per day. Pro tip: At the beginning of each day I fill a pitcher with my daily amount and keep it on my desk so I don’t have to count each glass. When the pitcher is empty, I know I’m fully hydrated!
- Alcohol: Sharing a bottle of wine with friends or enjoying a refreshing gin and tonic on a hot summer evening can be a real treat, one that I encourage you to enjoy if you choose! But that’s exactly what alcohol is—a treat. And despite what some studies say about it having certain health benefits, consuming it in excess can come with serious consequences. I stick with no more than three alcoholic bevvies per week and find that making note of them in my tracker helps keep me honest!
- Fruits and veggies: Of course I saved the best for last! You probably know by now how I feel about the power of plants. They’re magical, healing, balancing, life-giving… and an essential part of my wellness routine. There’s more info in your Wellness Tracker about daily servings, but do your best to include veggies at every meal and low glycemic fruits a couple of times a day.
And of course you can customize the Wellness Tracker to meet your own needs. Let’s say for example, you’re a marathon runner or CrossFit devotee—you may want to add a section about protein to help make sure you’re getting what you need. Or perhaps supplements are an important part of your routine and you want to make sure to take them every day. Just add it to your tracker!
The goal of the tracker is to help you get honest about your lifestyle practices so you can improve your habits and feel your best over time. Focus on progress, not perfection. You might be surprised how easy it is to take care of your precious self when you break it down into small, manageable categories and cut yourself some slack.
Let me know how it’s going by joining me LIVE on Instagram or Facebook for Wellness Wednesday each week (sign up for notifications here). Let’s keep each other accountable as we work to meet our goals!
Your turn: Let’s be accountability buddies! If you plan to try out the Wellness Tracker, give me a “Let’s do this!” in the comments below. Here’s to vibrant health and happiness!
Peace & stepping up self-care,