For the marinated mushrooms:
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional, but recommended)
- 1 teaspoon tamari
For the sweet miso sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon agave/maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon organic miso
- 1 tablespoons hummus
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 3-5 tablespoons water, as needed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the yam noodles:
- 1 peeled yam
1. To make the mushrooms: Slice them really thin, then rub in the oil and tamari. Put them in a warm spot (I put them in my oven at its lowest temperature) and forget about them for a minute.
2. To make the sauce: Blend all ingredients, except sesame seeds, together until smooth. Add whatever else you want. Then, toss in the sesame seeds by hand. Set aside.
3. To make the noodles: Put the yam through your spiral slicer (spirooli) or slice on a mandolin. Then, cover them with the sauce and let hem get to know each other for a few minutes. The noodles will soften and pick up more flavor. Now, remember you’re marinating fungi friends being warmed somewhere? Add those on top and sprinkle on some more sesame seeds and raisins.