- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups water or veggie stock
- 4 cups chopped veggies (I generally use a mixture of sweet potato, celery, cauliflower, tomato and jalapeño.)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
1. Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a large soup pot.
2. Add the water or veggie stock.
3. Stir in the veggies, hot sauce and spices.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then turn down to low heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Stir in the coconut milk and simmer for 10 more minutes.
6. Enjoy blended or as is!