- 2 cups Shiitake mushrooms
- 1 large yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4-5 garlic chives
- 1 can BPA-free chickpeas
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 lemon
- 1/2-1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
- Pinch of salt + chili pepper flakes
- 1 bunch of chard
- 1 handful of mint
- 2 large tomatoes
1. To make the falafel, first preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.
2. Rough dice the onion, peel the lemon, open the chickpeas and drain.
3. Add chickpeas, onion, lemon, basil, sesame seeds, pine nuts and oil to a food processor and blend until it forms a rough dough like consistency. Season with salt and chili flakes.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, or large spoon, scoop out individual balls of falafel dough onto the prepared cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, broil for the final 5, then allow to cool completely on a wire wrack (don’t worry if they seem soft—they’ll firm up!).
6. Trim chard stems if making wraps. If making salad, rough chop chard.
7. Dice tomatoes, pickles and tear mint.
8. If making wraps, spread a bit of hummus down the center, then dress with desired topping and fold over.
9. If making salad, mix everything in a bowl, topping with a dollop of hummus