- 1 (15-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained (or 5-6 freshly cooked artichoke hearts)
- 1 cup butter beans (or 1/2 15-ounce BPA-free can)
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 peeled cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons umeboshi plum vinegar (optional, but really adds depth). If not using, add about 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt instead.
- Black pepper, to taste
- Crackers, raw veggies or fresh toasted bread, for serving
1. Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Process until well incorporated but still a little textured, about 30 seconds.
2. Serve immediately with choice of veggies, crackers or bread.