RecipesSUBMIT YOUR RECIPE!
Sweetly Spiced Butternut Squash
By Reshma Adwar
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/4 pounds butternut squash, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- optional toppings: toasted sunflower seeds, shredded apple (super yummy and unexpected) and dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. In a baking dish, combine the squash, nutmeg, cinnamon, coconut oil, maple syrup, orange zest and salt.
2. Toss to evenly coat the squash with the spices.
3. Roast in oven for about 40 minutes and allow to cool to your desired serving temperature.
4. When serving, add topping of your choice.
Get tasty & nourishing recipes straight to your inbox every week!