- 1 medium sweet potato (or 1 cup puree)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup fine almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (optional)
- 1 very ripe large avocado
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Start by prepping your sweet potatoes. Peel, roughly chop, then steam them for 5-10 minutes, or until you can easily put a fork through a chunk. Next, remove the sweet potato chunks from your steamer and puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
3. Add the sweet potato mixture to a large mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients (coconut oil is optional) and stir the mixture until combined.
4. Line a 12-unit cupcake pan with coconut oil or parchment paper squares, add equal parts of your cupcake batter to the forms, and add to the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until you can stick a fork inside a cupcake and have it come out clean. Remove from the oven, set aside and let cool completely before adding the frosting.
5. To make the frosting, simply blend the avocado, cacao powder and maple syrup together in a strong blender or food processor until smooth. Spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes, top with a raspberry, and serve up!