- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 10 brazil nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 red onion, cut in small ribbons
- 1 pear, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Fresh ground sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds (as garnish)
1.Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the nuts and seeds in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a small saucepan combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon salt and paprika. Stir and cook on medium heat for a few minutes until it is hot and combined but not boiling.
4. Pour the warm mixture over the nuts and seeds and stir until they are well coated. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. Bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Break up the mixture into small clusters.
6. Place the greens, red onion and pear in a large salad bowl. Whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, apple cider vinegar and a dash of fresh ground sea salt and pepper. Dress the salad to taste (you may not use all the dressing, store extra in the fridge). Top with some of the seed and nut clusters and pomegranate seeds right before serving.