- 1/2 -3/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar, divided
- 1 teaspoon shoyu, + 2 tablespoons
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized, or 2 medium (if you do NOT have a spiralizer, use a vegetable -peeler to cut into thin strands)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon raw almond butter
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini
- 1 tablespoon raw agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, + more for garnish
1. Place the shredded carrots with 1 teaspoon rice vinegar and 1 teaspoon shoyu in a bowl and toss. Set aside to soften and marinate while you prepare the rest.
2. Do the same with the zucchini and lemon juice.
3. Mix together the remaining rice vinegar and shoyu, almond butter, tahini, agave, toasted sesame oil, water, mustard, peppers and sesame seeds. Whisk until well combined. Toss with zucchini noodles.
4. The dressing will appear thick until you toss a few times with the noodles. The water in the zucchini will thin out the sauce quickly. Top with shredded carrots and garnish with additional sesame seeds if desired.