- Small bunch of baby radishes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sweet paprika, salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit (fan).
2. Ideally using a mandolin, slice radishes thinly.
3. Pop slices into a bowl a drizzle over a little olive oil (approximately 1 tablespoon). Use your hands to gently toss the radish slices, coating them evenly in the oil.
4. Lay out slices on a baking parchment-lined tray. If desired, lightly sprinkle the slices with salt, sweet paprika and a little pepper (of course, radishes are peppery already, so do use it sparingly).
5. Bake chips for 10 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit (fan) then turn your oven down to 210° Fahrenheit (fan) and allow the chips to bake for another 15 minutes, checking at 5-minute intervals to ensure they are crisping up and not turning too dark.
6. Remove tray from oven and allow slices to cool on the tray. These last steps prevent the need to flip the slices during baking, which is fiddly and time-consuming.
7. Eat chips as they are or use them as a garnish on mashed root vegetables, soups (in place of croutons), salads, etc.