RecipesSUBMIT YOUR RECIPE!
Yield: 24 bars
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups grated beet
- 1 cup kale leaves or collard greens, tightly packed
- 1 cup parsley leaves, tightly packed
- 1 teaspoon pink rock salt or gray sea salt
- 1 tablespoon umeboshi paste or 6 pitted black olives (kalamata is best)
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (if using black olives)
1. Soak ground flax seeds with water in a bowl for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grate carrots and beets in a food processor and transfer to a mixing bowl.
2. Add soaked ground flax seeds, kale, parsley, salt and umeboshi paste or olives and vinegar (if using) to the food processor. Using an S-blade, blend to paste consistency. Scrap down the sides as needed.
3. Transfer to mixing bowl with carrots and beets. Add hemp seeds and sunflower seeds.
4. Mix all ingredients together and spread smoothly onto parchment sheets to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
5. Dehydrate in 200°F oven (or 155°F dehydrator) for 4 hours. (If using oven, create a tin foil ball and prop the door open slightly to vent the moisture.) Remove from oven, place another piece of parchment paper on top, flip over and remove the paper. Cut and separate into 2 x 3-inch bars and dry for another 1 to 2 hours.Print Recipe
Get tasty & nourishing recipes straight to your inbox every week!