- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1 1/2 cup cashews, soaked
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- Zest of one lime
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1. Soak cashews in cold water for at least 8 hours–overnight is best.
2. Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain the water before putting in the food processor.
3. Add almonds and desiccated coconut to the food processor and pulse into a fine grain.
4. Press the mixture into an 8 inch springform pan or smaller individual tins (pictured). Push down firmly until it is well compacted and even. Put in the fridge to set. This can be made the day before.
5. Add soaked cashews to the food processor along with lime juice, lime zest, coconut oil, coconut milk and maple syrup. Blend well until the mixture is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
6. Pour mixture onto the base, spread evenly and sprinkle with lime zest.
7. Store in the freezer and take out 30 minutes before serving.