- 1 cup packed medjool pitted dates
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, do a quick soaked if blender is weak
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 12 small frozen strawberries
1. In a food processor, add dates, sea salt and walnuts and blend until dates and walnuts combine and make a sticky dough.
2. In a blender, add cashews, lemon, coconut oil, coconut milk, and maple syrup. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
3. On a baking sheet, place 12 silicon muffin cups in rows. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of the crust in each silicon cup and press down with your fingers.
4. Pour filling on top of crust, so that the cup is about 3/4 full.
5. Place strawberries in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook strawberries until they start to reduce and soften allowing the juices to come out. This takes about 5 minutes.
6. Place about 1/8 of a teaspoon of strawberry juice on top of the cheesecake. Using the tip of the handle of the spoon, gentle create a swirl with the strawberry juice. Take one of the cooked strawberries and place it in the centre of the mini cheesecake. Do this for the remaining 11.
7. Place on a baking sheet and put flat in the freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight. Before serving, remove from the freezer for 10-20 minutes for them to soften.