RecipesSUBMIT YOUR RECIPE!
Raw Spaghetti Bolognese with Meatballs
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 medium butternut squash, spiralized, for the spaghetti
- 100 grams roughly ground walnuts
- 150 grams sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 teaspoons Italian/mixed herbs
- a handful fresh basil
- 2 medium fresh organic tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
1. If you’re using “dry” (not in a jar with oil) sundried tomatoes, you will need to soak them covered in water in the refrigerator overnight. Then rinse, pack tight and cover in mild olive oil for a few hours.
2. Coarsely grind the walnuts. You don’t want them completely reduced to a powder but rather with some chunkier bits in the mix.
3. Set aside, and now blend the sundried tomatoes together with the nutritional yeast, the garlic, the herbs and the basil and a little salt and pepper if needed. They should make a smooth but firm paste.
4. Take some of the paste out of your blender and set it aside for the sauce (about 3 full tablespoons).
5. Now, slowly incorporate the ground walnuts in the remaining paste, until it reaches the right, somewhat crumbly, consistency.
6. Maybe you won’t need to use all the ground walnuts. I find that sundried tomatoes vary greatly in consistency depending on many factors. The paste should now be easy to work with to create firm “meatballs”.
7. You can also use it as it is for raw “mince” in other recipes (example: raw lasagna).
8. Make the sauce by blending together the fresh tomatoes, chopped roughly, and the rest of the sundried paste, adding more garlic, herbs or salt and pepper if necessary.
9. Serve and enjoy!Print Recipe