- 3 cups cauliflower, pulsed in food processor
- 1/2 cups sunflower seeds soaked for 4 hours, drained then pulsed in food processor
- 1 cups diced celery
- 1 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cups scallions or 2 T diced red onion or shallot
- 1/2 cups nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons relish
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon black salt (or sea salt)
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cups water
1. Pulse the cauliflower in processor and set aside in large mixing bowl.
2. Pulse the sunflower seeds and add to the cauliflower. Add the celery, carrots, scallions nutritional yeast and spices (not the salt or pepper).
3. In a small bowl, add the tahini, mustard, relish, chia seeds, salt and pepper along with 1/2 cup of water.
4. Whisk well and pour over the veggies. Taste and adjust seasonings.
5. Allow mixture to chill for an hour before serving. This actually keeps for around 3 days and does not get watery because of the chia seeds.