RecipesSUBMIT YOUR RECIPE!
Raw Apple Pie Crumble
Yield: 10 servings
- 5 organic Granny Smith apples sliced very thinly
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw hazelnuts
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup quinoa flakes
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (fruit juice sweetened)
1. Begin with the pie crust by soaking the hazelnuts and cashews for 20 minutes.
2. Slice the apples with a mandolin and let them marinate with the lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and coconut or maple syrup for 30 minutes.
3. Drain the pie crust nuts, then combine in a food processor with the dates, vanilla and cinnamon. Pulse until it sticks together and is fine. Use coconut oil to coat your pan, then mold the pie crust and put it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
4. For the topping, put the hazelnuts, cashews, quinoa and cranberries into a food processor and pulse until fine.
5. Drain the pie filling, then pour filling into your pie crust and sprinkle the crumble on top.
Get tasty & nourishing recipes straight to your inbox every week!