RecipesSUBMIT YOUR RECIPE!
By Chad Sarno
Yield: 6 servings
- ¾ cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup soy milk or almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chopped pumpkin, steamed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup leeks, cleaned and diced
- 1 cup diced pumpkin, lightly blanched
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 ½ tablespoons sage, minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3 cups cooked short grain brown rice
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- flake sea salt, to finish
- black pepper, to taste
1. Prepare Puree: In a blender, blend the steamed pumpkin, cinnamon, soaked cashews, soy milk, vegetable stock, sea salt and garlic until smooth. Set aside.
2. On medium heat, heat a deep sauté pan and add the olive oil and leeks, stirring until golden.
3. Deglaze with white wine.
4. Prepare Risotto: Add the diced pumpkin and allow to sauté for a moment. Then add the brown rice, sage and parsley. Mix thoroughly and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Pour the cashew cream over the rice mixture and lower heat to medium-low. Stir continuously for about 5 minutes. It will start to reduce and thicken. If the risotto gets too thick, thin out with a splash of vegetable stock.
6. Remove from heat, season with black pepper and serve warm.
Photo by Kate Lewis
Get tasty & nourishing recipes straight to your inbox every week!