RecipesSUBMIT YOUR RECIPE!
Poached Pears, Coconut Cream & Nature-fetti
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 unripe pears
- 2.5 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons agave
- finger sized knob of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon rosehip powder
- 1/2 cup young coconut meat
- pinch of vanilla powder
- edible flowers (as much as desired)
- mint (as much as desired)
1. Add 2 cups of the water to a smallish pot along with the honey. Peel the ginger with the blunt end of a spoon, slice it and pop it in the pot as well. Bring the water up almost to a boil then turn it down to maintain the movement in the mixture.
2. Peel the pears, leaving the stem and bottom in tact, then gently place them on their side in the pot. Turn the heat down to medium-low and rotate with a spoon, gently, every few minutes. After about 10 minutes, remove from the heat completely and add the coconut oil.
3. While that sits, add the coconut meat and the remaining half cup of water to a high speed blender and whirl until it’s thick and creamy.
4. Once the pears have cooled, remove them from the pot, placing them somewhere to continue resting until the dish is ready to be assembled.
5. Put the pot of ginger-honey-pear water back onto the stove and whisk in the rosehip powder. Reserve for plating.
6. Gather the flowers and the mint together.Store them in a bowl in the fridge until ready to use.
7. Divide half of the coconut cream per pear, scooping it onto one large plate. Arrange the pears on top of the cream, leaning against each other if necessary. Sprinkle with vanilla.
8. Using a soup spoon or small ladle, surround the pears and cream with some of the reserved soaking + rosehip water. Drizzle the top of each pear gently.
9. Now the nature-fetti! Get creative! Toss, throw, blow out nature-fetti kisses from your hand! Just get those little beauties everywhere!Print Recipe