Carrot Cake Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup grated carrot (about 2 carrots)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
Coconut Cream Frosting Ingredients
- 2 15 oz cans coconut cream, chilled overnight
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. Start by mixing your cake ingredients together in one bowl. First add the ingredients from carrots to apple cider vinegar. Stir well, then add the remaining dry ingredients. Mix together, using a whisk if necessary to break up any clumps.
2. Line a 9×13-inch glass or ceramic dish with parchment paper, evenly spread the cake batter on the base, then bake for 30-35 minutes.
3. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool completely before adding any frosting. This is an essential step as a cake with any heat left in it will melt your lovely frosting. Put the cake in the fridge if you want it to cool faster.
4. Start on your frosting while your cake is cooling. Make sure to use coconut cream that has been chilled overnight so the texture is right for frosting. Simply open the can, scoop the solidified coconut cream from the top part of the can, and add it to a large mixing bowl with the coconut sugar and vanilla extract. You’ll have some coconut water left over in the bottom of your can – make sure not to add this to the frosting! Take a whisk or mixer and beat the frosting together until it begins to get fluffy. Now you’re ready to frost your cake!
4. Take 1 side of the cake, frost, and top it with another side of the cake to make a taller slice. To get the look of a patisserie on your slice’s frosting, fill a small plastic snack bag with the frosting, cut off a small corner, and squeeze frosting out of the end to dress. Top your slices with blueberries and sliced strawberries and enjoy!