- 10 cups arugula
- 5 medium ripe peaches, pitted and diced
- 2 yellow or orange bell peppers, diced
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped raw walnuts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine the arugula, peaches, bell peppers and walnuts.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the arugula mixture, toss and serve.
Recipe from EATING CLEAN: THE 21-DAY PLAN TO DETOX, FIGHT INFLAMMATION, AND RESET YOUR BODY, an inspiring journey of healing from a decade of chronic illness with food and functional medicine, by Amie Valpone.