RecipesSUBMIT YOUR RECIPE!
Kris Carr’s Buddha Bowl
By Kris Carr
Buddha Bowls are basically veggie scrap bowls with grain, seasoning and avocado. They’re an awesome way to use up all your RAW green pals before they go bad. Since I eat cooked foods at night this recipe is one of our regular dinner options. Plop ANY combo of veggies (finally chopped – this is key) AND avocado on top of an alkaline grain. Yum!
Here are some examples:
-millet or quinoa (both quick to cook and great for you!)
Plus any combo of veggies:
- broccoli or cauliflower (cut in tiny florets)
- finely chopped greens (kale, romaine, arugula, spinach, etc)
- onion or scallions
- grated carrot
- chopped celery
- 1 – 2 cloves fresh garlic
- ground flax seeds
- 1-1 1/2 avocados (for 2 people)
- olive oil or flax oil to dress (1 – 2 teaspoon)
- sea salt or Braggs
- dash of cayenne
Get tasty & nourishing recipes straight to your inbox every week!