RecipesSUBMIT YOUR RECIPE!
Hummus Tartine with an Olive, Tomato, Lemon and Basil Salsa
Yield: 1 serving
Hummus (yields 1 cup):
- 1.5 cups chickpeas
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 slices gluten free bread (I use Biona’s rice bread)
- 1/4 cup black olives, halved
- half a dozen tomatoes, diced
- juice 1/2 lemon
- a handful of basil leaves, minced
1. Hummus: Drain and rinse the chickpeas, add to a food processor with all the other ingredients, blend until a creamy puree forms.
2. Tartine: Toast two slices of your bread and spread with a generous amount of your homemade hummus. In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, diced tomatoes, olives and minced basil leaves and a pinch of salt. Mix and pour on top of the hummus.Print Recipe
Get tasty & nourishing recipes straight to your inbox every week!