RecipesSUBMIT YOUR RECIPE!
Hearty Lentil Soup
By Kim Traverso
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 2 cups of dried lentils (rinsed)
- 1.5 – 2 cups of tomato sauce (homemade or organic store bought)
- 1.5 tablespoons of oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, washed, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, washed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or any fresh herbs you have on hand)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cups of kale or spinach
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups of purified water
- 1 bay leaf
1. In a medium pot, begin to saute the garlic in oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes (be careful to not let the garlic brown).
2. Add the carrots, celery, herbs, salt and pepper and cook for 7-9 minutes or until veggies are tender (stir occasionally).
3. Add the the lentils, tomato sauce, water and bay leaf.
4. Cover with lid and raise the heat to high to bring the soup to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and add kale and more water if consistency is too thick.
5. Let simmer with lid for 30 – 40 minutes or until lentils are soft, stirring occasionally.
6. When lentils are done, season with salt and pepper and serve.Print Recipe
Get tasty & nourishing recipes straight to your inbox every week!