- 1 cup diced fresh tomato (from 1 average-sized tomato)
- 10 large basil leaves, thinly sliced (plus extra small leaves, to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- Sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the tomato, basil, vinegar, olive oil and garlic. Add a big pinch of salt and some fresh black pepper. Let that sit as you peel the zucchini into ribbons.
2. When zucchini is ready, add to the bowl and using your hands, toss to coat. Taste for salt.
3. Garnish with basil leaves and serve!