RecipesSUBMIT YOUR RECIPE!
Garlic Veggie and Quinoa-Stuffed Acorn Squash
By Erin Trauth
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 2 servings of quinoa
- garlic, to taste
- 1 onion
- 1 yellow squash
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 head of kale
1. Heat oven to 400F.
2. Cut a line through the squash — you probably won’t be able to cut it all the way in half but get a cut started.
3. Bake the squash for 20 minutes. While it’s baking, dice all vegetables and add garlic and pepper to taste. Start cooking quinoa in a separate pot.
4. When the 20 minutes are up, remove the squash from the oven. Wait about 5 minutes (it’s hot!), and then cut it in half, using your line as a guide.
5. Scoop out seeds from squash.
6. Add in mix of quinoa and vegetables.
7. Place squash face-up back into cooking pan.
8. Top with 1 tablespoon olive oil and any other garnish you prefer.
9. Bake at 400F for another 25 minutes.
10. Remove and be amazed at the deliciousness and beauty of this squash!Print Recipe