- 1 medium acorn squash
- 2 servings of quinoa
- garlic, to taste
- 1 onion
- 1 yellow squash
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 head of kale
1. Heat oven to 400F.
2. Cut a line through the squash — you probably won’t be able to cut it all the way in half but get a cut started.
3. Bake the squash for 20 minutes. While it’s baking, dice all vegetables and add garlic and pepper to taste. Start cooking quinoa in a separate pot.
4. When the 20 minutes are up, remove the squash from the oven. Wait about 5 minutes (it’s hot!), and then cut it in half, using your line as a guide.
5. Scoop out seeds from squash.
6. Add in mix of quinoa and vegetables.
7. Place squash face-up back into cooking pan.
8. Top with 1 tablespoon olive oil and any other garnish you prefer.
9. Bake at 400F for another 25 minutes.
10. Remove and be amazed at the deliciousness and beauty of this squash!