Summer Salad Rolls:
- Rice paper
- 1 head organic Romaine, 8 equal chunks
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chives, fresh cut green onions
- Sesame seeds, to top
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons organic soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
1. To make the summer salad rolls: You want to start by prepping all your veggies. Wash and thinly slicing them all.
2. Make an assembly line of all your ingredients, you’ll have to work fast. Using either a large bowl, plate or working closely to the sink, get slightly warm water to dip your rice papers in. I typical take a deep plate and fill with warm water.
3. You want to dunk one rice paper at a time, for just a second (literally) in the warm water, both sides. Lay it on a flat, non-stick surface (like a clean cutting board or plate) and begin layering your veggies. You want to work in the upper-middle section of your rice paper, not filling too much.
4. Once you’re ready to roll, grab the top section and fold it over the filling you’ve added. Make sure you wrap it tightly, but be gentle enough not to rip the paper.
5. After you fold over the top and get to the midway point, fold in each of the ends to the middle and keep rolling until you’ve reached the end of the paper.
6.Place on a plate seam down and repeat the process.
7. To make the peanut sauce: Mix all ingredients in a small/medium sized bowl. Heat in a small sauce pan on medium until peanut butter melts and everything is mixed smoothly.