- 1 block organic tempeh, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 small head of purple cabbage, sliced into thin strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced into small pieces
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into smaller pieces
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- approximately 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. For the stir fry: Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. When it’s ready, set aside.
2. Wash and cut all the veggies as described in the ingredients.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the sesame oil. Start off by sautéing the garlic, onions, mushrooms and cabbage until they begin to soften – about 5-7 minutes.
4. Add in tempeh and the rest of the vegetables. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Cover, turn off the heat, and let sit while you make the sauce.
6. For the spicy peanut sauce: Add all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until combined.
7. To serve, put 1/2 cup of quinoa in a bowl. Top with the veggies and tempeh, and pour 2 tablespoons of the sauce over the veggies.