- 1 1/2 cups organic whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 3/4 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1. Add all dry ingredients to large bowl, adding the yeast last.
2.. Pour in water and wait a few minutes until the yeast and water start to react. It will start to bubble and fizz.
3. Mix thoroughly with a spoon or knead with your hands. During this step feel free to add up to 1/2 cup extra flour, a little at a time until dough is barely tacky.
4. Form into a large ball and cover with plastic wrap.
5. Let dough rise at room temperature for a minimum of 8 hours.
6. Once risen, place dough onto floured surface and, with floured hands, form the dough into a ball. Cover dough with plastic wrap or a towel and let it ‘rest’ while the oven and pan heat up.
7. Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and place empty oven-safe dish into oven while it preheats.
8. With your oven ready and your pan warmed, carefully place the dough in the pan and cover with lid.
9. Bake for 30 minutes.
10.Remove cover and bake for 5 more minutes or until the outer area is crispy.
11. Remove bread from pan and let cool. I know t