- 1/2 cup almond flour*
- 1/2 cup coconut flour*
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 7 medjool dates, pitted*
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) tahini*
- 3.5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3.5 tablespoons cacao
- 2.5 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Stir the cookie crust ingredients in a bowl until moist and sightly crumbly (it shouldn’t be too crumbly). Scoop into a 8×8 glass dish lined with parchment paper, press firmly into the dish. Place in the freezer.
*NOTE: If you don’t have an 8×8 dish you can use a loaf pan. If the mix is too crumbly add a LITTLE bit of water. You can make your own flour by blending raw almonds and shredded coconut (separately) in a coffee bean grinder, otherwise you can buy them already made but most likely not raw.
2. Soak the dates in warm water for 10-15 or until nice and soft then drain the water. Blend the caramel layer ingredients in a blender on high until thick and smooth. If you have a Vitamix you’ll need to use the tamper to scrape down the sides. Otherwise, if you don’t have one, just stop the blender as needed to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
3. Scoop out the caramel onto the cookie crust and spread evenly. Set in the freezer for up to 4 hours (it will take at least 2 hours to harden).
4. Whisk the chocolate coating ingredients together in a small bowl until it becomes a smooth liquid chocolate.Take the dish out of the freezer when ready, slice, and dip the bars in the chocolate. Place back into the freezer for at least 15 minutes and enjoy when you like!