- 5-6 medium russet potatoes, unpeeled and chopped
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carton vegetable broth (about 4 cups)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (optional)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat olive oil on low heat in large pot. Add sliced leeks and sauté until they are fragrant and starting to soften (3-4 minutes). Add potatoes, broth, water, bay leaves, and rosemary then bring to a gentle boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover pot and let cook for 20-30 minutes until potatoes are easily mashed.
2. Add coconut milk (optional), nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, then blend until creamy, using either an immersion blender, or regular blender in batches. Serve and enjoy!