- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch of curly kale
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw agave nectar
- sprinkle cinnamon
- sea salt & pepper to taste
1. Clean sweet potatoes and poke holes with a fork on all sides. Roast in the oven at 375F for 50-60 minutes. Check halfway through and rotate the potatoes.
2. With 25 minutes remaining, begin to prep the remainder of the dish. Wash and destem kale and place in a large sauté pan. Lightly steam for 5 minutes. Once kale becomes vibrantly green but is still somewhat crunchy, reduce heat and add one tablespoon of coconut oil, raw walnuts and salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and let the flavors combine.
3. Once potatoes are soft and cooked through, place on separate dishes to prepare. Cut each potato in half without breaking through. Season potato with coconut oil, salt, pepper and sprinkled cinnamon.
4. Top seasoned potato with kale mixture. Garnish lightly with raw agave nectar around the plate and serve!