- 5 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
Strawberry Cashew Cream Frosting Ingredients
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon non-alcoholic vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup warm water for defrosting strawberries (reserve 3 tbsp of soaking water for blending)
To make the cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line muffin tray with liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas. Add applesauce and mix until well combined.
3. Add baking soda, baking powder and vanilla. Mix together.
4. Add flour, oats and cacao and mix until into a batter, making sure there are no clumps.
5. Pour into muffin tray and bake for 23-25 minutes. Over baking can remove the moisture.
6. Remove from tray and allow to cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting:
1. Place strawberries in a bowl and cover with warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Strain soaking water into a bowl and place defrosted strawberries into a blender. Add remaining ingredients and 3 tablespoons of soaking water.
3. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
4. Transfer to a bowl and put in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
5. Spread the frosting on the cupcakes and devour!