- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2-3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of gluten-free bread
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. To cut your cauliflower into steaks, place the head of the cauliflower stem side down on a cutting board. Using a large knife, slice it down the very middle. Then cut down again on each half to create 1/2-inch thick slabs. Remember, you’re putting the cauliflower on toast, so nice flat pieces decrease the chances of the cauliflower falling on the plate and increase the chances of it falling into your mouth. Toss cauliflower with 2-3 tbsps canola or coconut oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined sheet tray and cook for 20 minutes a side.
2. While the cauliflower cooks, toast the pumpkin seeds with 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, tossing occasionally. Once the seeds begin to brown (about 5 minutes), add red pepper flakes, stir to combine, remove from heat, and set aside.
In a bowl, toss to combine the cauliflower, lime juice, chili pumpkin seeds, and cilantro.
3. Toast your bread. *In the summertime, up your game by popping the bread on the BBQ with a drizzling of olive oil. A bit of char adds a nice subtle summer boost that pairs nicely with the lime juice.
4. Load up the toast with your cauliflower mixture and dive in.