RecipesSUBMIT YOUR RECIPE!
Black Bean Brownies
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup honey, maple syrup or molasses
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup instant oats (gluten free if preferred)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8- by 8-inch pan and set aside. Combine all ingredients, except oats, in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, scrapping sides as needed. Stir in the oats. If too soft, add another 1/4 cup oats or flour.
2. Pour batter into the pan. Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing.
Notes: Because there isn’t any flour these brownies come out pretty dense. Rolled oats may be substituted for the instant oats. Put the rolled oats in the food processor. Use optional sugar if your bananas are still green and not very ripe.Print Recipe