- 1 to 2 zucchini
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice zucchini into steak fries pieces, lay them out on a tray and salt. Let sit for 20 minutes.
2. While this is happening, lay out ingredients for dipping. Have one bowl for bread crumbs and spices, one bowl for flour, and a last bowl for almond milk.
3. Once zucchini slices are done sitting, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and begin the process of dredging slices for coating. Bring the slices one at a time through the flour, followed by the milk and lastly through the bread crumbs. Repeat twice per fry until generously coated.
4. Lay out breaded fries on a non-stick baking sheet and bake on 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until outside is crispy.
5. Cool, plate and serve with your favorite sauce.