- 1 serving of whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice (start with one tablespoon and add more to taste)
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast (start with one tablespoon and add more to taste)
- 5 cherry tomatoes cut into small pieces (to garnish)
- 1 green onion sliced (to garnish)
- Sesame seeds (to garnish)
1. Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Place half of the avocado in a bowl and mash it with a fork until smooth.
3. Add the olive oil, crushed garlic, lemon juice (start with one tablespoon) and salt into mashed avocado and mix well.
4. Add the nutritional yeast (start with one tablespoon) and mix well.
5. Taste the sauce and add the additional salt, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast if needed and mix all together.
6. Once the spaghetti has cooked, drain it and add it to the bowl with sauce, mix well to cover all spaghetti with the sauce.
7. Before serving garnish with cherry tomatoes, green onion, and sesame seeds