- 1 1/2 cups organic whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 3/4 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2-3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup oats
1. Add all dry ingredients into a large bowl, adding the yeast last.
2. Add water and wait a few minutes until the yeast and water start to react.
3. Mix thoroughly with a spoon or your hands. During this step you may want to add up to 1/2 a cup extra of flour, a little at a time until dough is barely tacky.
4. Form into a ball, place it in a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
5. Let dough rise at room temperature for a minimum of 8 hours.
6. After allotted time has passed, place dough onto a floured surface and with floured hands form the dough into a ball. Cover dough with plastic wrap or a towel and let it take a nap or just “rest”.
7. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and place empty oven-safe dish into oven while it preheats.
8. Once oven is preheated and oven-safe pan is warmed, carefully remove pan and place the dough in it and cover with lid.
9. Bake for 30 minutes.
10. Remove lid and bake for 5 more minutes OR until the outer area is crispy.
11. Remove bread and let cool. Enjoy!