Love List: Crazy Sexy CAT scans tips
Hi Spiritual Marathon Runner!
This week’s Love List is all about the simple things that help me make a shitty day (canSer check-ups) a little easier. I bet lots of you know exactly what I mean. On Friday, I’ll be vlogging about the best tool I’ve found to cope with the fear. Until then I hope you enjoy my list! Share your tips/tricks if you’re moved to do so…
1. The flowers that Brian picked and placed in the car for our very long drive. Just when I thought he wasn’t romantic – bam!
2. Sports bras with no metal so I don’t have to strip down to nothing and wear a gown. Plus, ya ever notice how cold the CAT scan room is? Headlights galore!
3. Trash magazines. Who the heck can focus on a highbrow novel while sitting in the waiting room at the canSer hut? Not moi! Bring it J-Lo. Hola Snooki.
4. A nice hotel with a King size bed and really expensive movies. We make scan night in Boston date night – a fancy dinner and a room with style help take the edge off (bathtub included…ahhh Epsom salt and lavender).
5. Red Super Girl underwear with stars. Um, need I say more? I think not.
6. Bringing an extra green juice for after my scan. The shit they pump into me sucks, but the greens I pump into me when they’re done help move the garbage out.
7. My amazing oncologist who continues to help me cope with living with canSer. Seven years later, he’s still suggesting that I do nothing (meaning no conventional treatment). Many oncologists would have pushed drugs by now. No thanks. Make juice not war baby!
8. The fabulous (and more than likely gay) tech who suggested I take a few Ativan and listen to Streisand if I ever find myself in need of an MRI (they take longer). What a wonderful way to kill the time!
9. The post scan vacation Brian and I took with the whole Fassett clan in Cape Cod! My nieces and nephews ROCK.
Off for a run…
Peace and nuclear medicine,