Hi Sweet Friends,
I don’t know about you, but the warm breeze and little sprouts on the trees are putting a refreshing spring in my step. Lately, I have been searching for clever and healthy ways to add more brightness to my days, whether it’s with non-toxic cleaners for my dusty bookshelves, a do-it-yourself project or planning my first vegetable garden (cucumbers galore!).
Where do I go to get the juices flowing? Pinterest! Though I’m still new to the magical world of pinning, it’s shockingly fun and totally addictive. I find more handy/helpful creations and delicious recipes than I know what to do with.
So today I’m keeping things light and bright by sharing digital tidbits that bring a smile to my face. I hope these ideas get you jazzed for a splendid Spring.
My top ten picks for health & happiness this spring
1. Follow this wise kitty’s self-care code. Living a balanced life might be easier than you think. In less than two minutes, Breton the adorable cat, will show you his simple strategies and guide you through everything you need to know to create your own plan. Watch!
2. Blend your way to green juice. I can’t count the number of times I’ve received an email from someone who wants to know if it’s possible to make green juice with their blender. Luckily, my friend Gena broke down the process in this step-by-step guide. Now it’s even easier for everyone to enjoy a glass of greens everyday.
3. Practice safe spring cleaning. A winter’s worth of sneaky dust bunnies and cobwebs are awaiting attack at my casa. I’m finally learning how to make my own cleansers and this non-toxic, citrusy, easy homemade cleaner recipe is versatile and smells delightful.
4. Make old things new. Earth Day is right around the corner and what better way to lighten your earth-print than UPcycling? I didn’t realize how many possibilities there were for renovating my old junk until I saw these 50 creative and useful ways you can upcycle your stuff.
5. Be veg-savvy. Do your fresh fruits and vegetables end up in the trash rather than your plate more than you’d like to admit? These eight ways to save money and keep your produce fresh will help you cut costs — but not health or flavor.
6. Green your thumb. Here’s an awesome overview of how to plant your own flowers and vegetables just in time for spring. We’ll be referencing these tips, tricks and advice as we start our first garden at the farmette this year.
7. Lean in to loving plants. I forget sometimes that vegetables can be intimidating at first. Focusing on one main veggie at a time can make transitioning to a plant-happy kitchen easier. Start now by checking out these 11 Unbelievably Awesome Uses for Cauliflower.